Thursday, June 10, 2010

The re-Tool

Ok, it has almost been two years since I posted anything. Apparently the last post (below) contained about two years worth of posting in itself. People complained. I was offended...I'm ready to forgive...

I've found two things since July 2008 (well, more than that, but for the sake of BREVITY, I shall limit myself to two things). Exactly 15 days after my last post, I took out my future wife on our first date. We went peach picking; we got married. I love her to death. She's kept a very good record of our lives (The Famblog). Annnnd...

I've found sports radio, which I guess means I am an actual commuter. Any potential for productive thought on my 1hr+ ride home has given way to the latest 3 stories ESPN has allowed to be spoken of that day. It's not all bad. I like the show I listen to--The Sports Reporters (AM 980; ESPN Radio in DC)-- and it helps me unwind.

At this point, however, I'm regaining a sports vigor I haven't had since high school. Perhaps that means I'm immaturing as my hair thins and joints stiffen, but for now I need an outlet! Sometimes the media skips over my great ideas and interesting comments and it's not fair to everyone. So...at least until this phase passes and I find something better to do with my commute, I'm going to use this to stop myself from talking back to the radio on my way home...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! Can't wait to see another post in 2 years.

Becky said...

i predict your next post will be the birth of your first child...
just kidding! i'm excited to read your commuter rants :)
love you!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

hooray for babe!!!!!

StrongerFamilies said...

I like The re-Tool.